I am an undergraduate student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. I am seeking a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies. I presently work as an Instructional Paraprofessional in the Mobile County Public School System. I do small group intervention from k-3. I have been working as an Instructional Paraprofessional for about two (2) years. In the future, I will be seeking a master's degree in Elementary Counseling.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Teaching With Blogs

Blogs are a wonderful tool to use as an extra resource. Mostly every household has a computer to access information; information is definitely what I would use my classroom intervention blog for. As an intervention teacher, I must keep up with the teachers to ensure a rich curriculum for the students. Teaching with blogs in the intervention curriculum is a new pathway into a brighter future for learning. It will help me make instant contact with the parents who are working and do not have the time to explore resources on their own; it will help me converse with parents who believe technology is the only source of communication. Also, the general education teacher will be able to track my curriculum and add comments on the progress of their students.

Teaching with blogs as a tool is a unique and cool way of posting homework ssignments; parents and students will be able to study at home together. Parents and students will have easy access to specific web-links as an enhancement to lessons topics. I will post an up-to-date calendar that will outline important test dates for the district and state. To engage the students into active participation; my classroom intervention blog will include educational games that are centered on particular skills. Their will be a section on “Hints for Parents”. This section will include ways parents can help their children study without making it so difficult. Sometimes, even after students have participated with intervention through the school some children still need extra help. I will make sure I include community tutoring programs web-links or addresses for parents for the summer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment