I am an undergraduate student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. I am seeking a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies. I presently work as an Instructional Paraprofessional in the Mobile County Public School System. I do small group intervention from k-3. I have been working as an Instructional Paraprofessional for about two (2) years. In the future, I will be seeking a master's degree in Elementary Counseling.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

iGoogle You

iGoogle You is another fun resource to help intervention surface to the top. Tutoring can become frustrating to the teacher and students if fun technique are not incorporated into the lessons plans. This is why I chose iGoogle Homepage as an extra resource. My classroom iGoogle Homepage is design to help my class in anyway possible. The students will have free access to any topic math, science, and reading, and social studies. The core of my intervention groups is center on reading but other topics of interest is always available for parents and students to explore. Also, for all parents who desire to e-mail through google; I have a g-mail gadget that will be open during my office hours.

The students will have training on how to go in and out of iGoogle Homepage to pull resources that are helpful. As always, this resource will have games for rewards for those students who worked hard during intervention. You have to reward them with something fun to keep their excitement fervent towards learning. For recreational intervention, I will use reading connecting to wild life. This fun-filled exercise will connect science and reading in a recreational atmosphere. The students will have progress monitoring on topics such as mammals, reptiles and vertebra es. They will learn phoneme sounds from the sounds animals make. For instance, snakes h-i-s-s the last sound they hear is "s".

No comments:

Post a Comment