I am an undergraduate student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. I am seeking a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies. I presently work as an Instructional Paraprofessional in the Mobile County Public School System. I do small group intervention from k-3. I have been working as an Instructional Paraprofessional for about two (2) years. In the future, I will be seeking a master's degree in Elementary Counseling.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Show -N- Tell

Teaching academic is not the only thing in a teacher’s objectives or lesson plans. Let’s keep it real. Teachers are nurses, counselors, judges, and mothers you name it. Is this in our job description? Of course not, but let us face real life; students come to school looking for these characteristics in teachers whether we want them to or not. I am not implying that teachers should allow themselves to literally place themselves into these positions, but some children in our classrooms have not had the opportunity to be exposed or taught anything about character or values in life. Therefore, I will have Show-n-Tell each week.

Show-n-Tell are a character and value based curriculum. This curriculum will have weekly lessons teaching on certain values that will help shape the students’ attitude in a positive way. I may not be able to reach all students but some will be help. The weekly topics will be taken from the Aesop’s Fable podcasts and web-link. The Students will use puppets to portray each lesson. I will use the read, recite, and replay method to add fun to learning new and different things. All parents are welcome to participate with us through the Aesop's web-link at http://www.umass.edu/aesop/fables.php

No comments:

Post a Comment