I am an undergraduate student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. I am seeking a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies. I presently work as an Instructional Paraprofessional in the Mobile County Public School System. I do small group intervention from k-3. I have been working as an Instructional Paraprofessional for about two (2) years. In the future, I will be seeking a master's degree in Elementary Counseling.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

ALEX

I will utilize Alex as for professional development, to keep in accordance with classroom room objectives and lesson plans. Alex helps school districts follow state and federal laws. Along with the teachers, I will take advantage of the course objectives and lesson planes for the grade levels k-3rd . Each quarter there are specific skills that schools must teach and every thing you need is already outlined for you. Taking advantage of this resource tool will help me focus on key skills and objectives for the students who are lagging behind. As a teacher it will help me professionally groom myself for the position for whom I was hired.

Also, I will have access to plan my intervention groups ahead of time because of the ability to follow course objectives and lesson plans. I like having my own Independence; utilizing Alex will give me this feeling of not always bothering the teachers for materials to use. I will know where they are and have time to create my own intervention techniques through these tools that are offered through http://alex.state.al.us/index.php, Podcast, iGoogle and Blogs. Alex will help make my adventure as an Intervention teacher a success. It will also help develop me into an loyal and dedicated educator in this 21st Century.

No comments:

Post a Comment